- Canada's Islands
- Les Îles du Canada
- Settlers to Prince Edward Island
- Bridge Effects
- A World of Islands
- Island Heritage Management (Conference Archive)
- Jurisdiction Project
- Islands and Small Businesses
- New Literatures Review: Islands Special (2011)
- Cold Water Island Tourism
- Island Studies Journal
- Vol. 10(1) (May 2015)
- Vol. 9 (2) (Nov 2014)
- Vol. 9 (1) (May 2014)
- Vol. 8 (2) (Nov 2013)
- Vol. 8 (1) (May 2013)
- Vol. 7 (2) (Nov 2012)
- Vol. 7 (1) (May 2012)
- Vol. 6 (2) (Nov 2011)
- Vol. 6 (1) (May 2011)
- Vol. 5 (2) (Nov 2010)
- Vol. 5 (1) (May 2010)
- Vol. 4 (2) (Nov 2009)
- Vol. 4 (1) (May 2009)
- Vol. 3 (2) (Nov 2008)
- Vol. 3 (1) (May 2008)
- Vol. 2 (2) (Nov 2007)
- Vol. 2 (1) (May 2007)
- Vol. 1 (2) (Nov 2006)
- Vol. 1 (1) (May 2006)
- Island Studies Resources
Island Studies Journal
Call for Papers - Sustainable Development and Nature Conservation in the Outermost European Regions (ISJ, Vol. 11, No. 1, May 2016).
Call for Papers - Island Decolonization (ISJ, Vol. 11, No. 2, November 2016).
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution: No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported Licence.
Island Studies Journal (ISJ) is a scholarly journal dedicated to the inter-disciplinary study of our ‘world of islands'. Its institutional home is the Institute of Island Studies at the University of Prince Edward Island, Canada. All articles published in ISJ are rigorously peer-reviewed.
Island Studies Journal (ISJ) is committed to the principles of open access (OA), as outlined in the IFLA Statement on Open Access to Scholarly Literature and Research Documentation. Open Access benefits researchers and learners by equalizing access to research information and facilitating scholarly communication.
Executive Editor - Godfrey Baldacchino
From June 2012, ISJ is the official journal of the International Small Islands Studies Association (ISISA) - (confirmed in 2014 after a two-year 'trial').
From June 2013, ISJ is the official journal of RETI: The Network of Island Universities.
ISJ is included since 2010 in: The Social Sciences Citation Index, Journal Citation Reports/Social Sciences Edition and Current Contents Connect/ Social and Behavioural Sciences.
ISJ is a proud member of the Directory of Open Access Journals
- Subscribe to the Island Studies Journal Mailing List - exchange ideas and suggestions with other ISJ readers and be informed of any e-mail releases pertaining to the Journal - by following this link here. (Subscription is free.)
- Review the rationale and call for papers for Island Studies Journal
- ISJ Institutional Home
- ISJ International Editorial Board (Term: 01 January 2013 - 31 December 2016)
- Contact ISJ Editor
- Contact Deputy ISJ Editor (Institutional Relations)
- Contact Deputy ISJ Editor (Excellence and Impact Factors)
- Contact Deputy ISJ Editor (Book Reviews)
ISJ Guidelines for Authors:
- ISJ Acceptance Policy
- ISJ Submission Instructions for Authors of Manuscripts
- ISJ is now using the APA formatting style. Check out the Journal's Style Guidelines
- ISJ Submission Instructions for Manuscript Reviewers
- ISJ Submission Instructions for Authors of Book Reviews
SUBMIT your manuscript to be considered for publication in ISJ by sending a .doc or .docx file to: firstname.lastname@example.org . Make sure the manuscript consists in original work and conforms to the Journal housestyle.
ISJ Guidelines to Junior Scholars and Budding Research Writers (Via link to The Research Cooperative)
ISJ Volume Archive (FREE Download of ALL Article and Review Contents as PDF Files)
Institutional Address: Island Studies Journal, Institute of Island Studies, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Carlottetown PE, Canada C1A 4P3. E-mail: email@example.com